If you Google the words "What is the 5th Dimension?", the top search will lead to a web definition about about the freedom swinging 1960's American popular music band, called the "5th Dimension".
Sounds like a false lead, however I remember this band well, even though I was just a young boy at the time. One song in particular called "Age of Aquarius/Let the sunshine in" captivated me, like it was a kind of message from another time. This song has strangely for an unexplainable reason been ringing in my ears. I felt compelled to listen to it on YouTube often. Then I read the lyrics, which are clearly trying to say something.
When the moon is in the Seventh House
And Jupiter aligns with Mars
Then peace will guide the planets
And love will steer the stars
This is the dawning of the age of Aquarius
Harmony and understanding
Sympathy and trust abounding
No more falsehoods or derisions
Golden living dreams of visions
Mystic crystal revelation
And the mind's true liberation
The interesting thing here is that many Spiritualists believed the 21st of December 2012 date marking the end of the Mayan Long Count Calendar, would actually bring in the "Age for Aquarius" otherwise known by some as the "Golden Age". During this time with the help of new energy we were supposed to move from the 3rd Dimension into the 4th and the 5th Dimension (the process of Ascension).
So what are all of these Dimensions about I hear you say? Well in the most simplistic form, here is a quick low down...
- The 1st Dimension is simply the space occupied by distance.
- The 2nd Dimension is that same space with the extra Dimension of Height added. Until recently all films were in 2D. Pictures and Photos for example are in the 2nd Dimension realm. Think about it for a moment, when we say someone is shallow or takes things on face value only, it means they are in the 2nd Dimension and lack depth. After all we once thought that the world was flat, which is a 2 Dimensional concept!
- The 3rd Dimension is the space occupied by distance, height and depth. A cube for example is the best way to visualise the 3rd Dimension. We live in a world of 3 dimensions, I hear you say! However, in reality, its not that we live in a 3D world, in truth we only perceive 3 dimensions, but more are out there. 3D Movies are not actually in 3D by the way, instead such films are camera and filming tricks (sometimes with the control of a lens) to make us perceive 3D.
- The 4th Dimension thanks to Einstein, is closely linked to Time. Special Relativity shows that Time behaves surprisingly like the 3 spatial dimensions. Most Humans alive today however still think as time being linear, which is Newtonian Time and proved wrong by Einstein's Special Relativity. The only Time we have is now. The past does not exist (it existed) and the future has not happened yet. According to Julian Barbour (a physicist from Cambridge, England) Time, as we perceive it, does not exist as anything other than an illusion, and that a number of problems in physical theory arise from assuming that it does exist.
- Abstract 5th Dimensional space occurs frequently in mathematics and is a legitimate construct. Whether or not the real Universe in which we live is 5 Dimensional, is a topic that is debated and explored in several branches of physics, including astrophysics and particle physics. The 5th Dimension is therefore a hypothetical extra Dimension beyond the usual 3 spatial dimensions and one time Dimension of Relativity. The 2 most common theories linked to the 5th Dimension and within the realm of quantum physics are the "Field" and the "Holographic Universe".
Now to the question of the title. Are we moving into the 5th Dimension? No-one on earth can give you a truly accurate response to that. However, what we can tell you is that many highly respected quantum physicists are telling us, based on the latest research, that we are living in a hologram - that our reality is a virtual image, an illusion, that isn't real.
Welcome to the 5th Dimension!
Welcome to the 5th Dimension!